The 2012 Model Validation Council members are:
- Francis X. Diebold, economics professor in the Department of Economics at the University of Pennsylvania (chair)
- Peter Christoffersen, professor at the Rotman School of Management at the University of Toronto
- Mark Flannery, professor at the Warrington College of Business Administration at the University of Florida
- Philippe Jorion, professor at the Paul Merage School of Business at the University of California at Irvine
- Chester Spatt, professor at the Tepper School of Business at Carnegie Mellon University
- Allan Timmermann, professor at the Rady School of Management at the University of California at San Diego
The Federal Reserve also announced it will host a two-day symposium to discuss best practices in stress testing on September 13 and 14 at the Federal Reserve Bank of Boston. Discussions will focus on the design and implementation of stress testing models, and cover topics including the relative merits of different modeling frameworks, best industry practices, and key challenges.
Read the Federal Reserve’s press release.
Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review FAQs.