Read the ABA analysis.
In addition, ABA will be hosting a free, two-hour, members-only telephone briefing—2-4 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 25—that will provide an overview of the six mortgage-related rules that the CFPB issued this month. The briefing will highlight the rules’ potential effects on banks’ mortgage operations, with a special emphasis on the ability-to-repay/qualified mortgage requirements.
Read more and register.
Furthermore, the ABA will offer a series of six telephone briefings in February and March that will provide a more in-depth analysis of the CFPB’s new mortgage-related rules. Descriptions and links for the briefings will be posted in the near future. The briefings are:
- “Understanding Ability-to-Repay and QM” on Feb. 12.
- “In-Depth: Parsing CFPB’s New Servicing Rule” on Feb. 19.
- “HOEPA’s Expanded Reach: “High-Cost Mortgages” on Feb. 26.
- “Escrow and Balloons: What’s Exempt and What’s Not” on March 5.
- “Understanding Mortgage Loan Originator Compensation” on March 12.
- “Appraisals and Higher-Risk Mortgage Loans” on March 19.
Indicates ABA members-only material.
Not an ABA member?
Learn about the benefits of membership and ways to join here.