Rob Nichols, ABA’s president and CEO, said
The summit provides a great opportunity for bankers to meet with lawmakers to discuss the role financial institutions play in their districts and states and how banks can better serve their customers. We strongly encourage bankers to join us to articulate the many ways America’s hometown banks serve their communities and the challenges they face in today’s regulatory environment.
Keynote speakers include:
- Sen. Richard Shelby (R-Ala.), chairman, Senate Banking Committee;
- Rep. Jeb Hensarling (R-Texas), chairman, House Financial Services Committee;
- Sen. Heidi Heitkamp (D-N.D.), ranking member, Senate Banking Committee;
- Rep. Blaine Luetkemeyer (R-Mo.), chairman, House Financial Services Housing and Insurance Subcommittee;
- Rep. Ed Perlmutter (D-Colo.), member, House Financial Services Committee;
- Dana Perino, former White House press secretary and co-host of Fox News’ “The Five;”
- Ben White, Politico’s chief economic correspondent and columnist;
- Charlie Cook, political analyst and publisher, Cook Political Report;
- Stuart Rothenberg, editor and publisher, Rothenberg & Gonzales Political Report; and
- Michael Daniel, special assistant to the president and cybersecurity coordinator.
In addition, bankers will hear from regulators at the CFPB, FDIC, Federal Reserve and OCC.